Pink Lemonade Bars
These tasty treats are perfect for summer! And they are sooo purdy to look at!! You’ll be puckering up for more!
Stuff you’ll need:
Measuring cups and spoons
Plastic zip locked bag
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 rice flour
1/2 icing sugar
Pinch of salt
1 cup salted butter (room temperature, cut into cubs)
Pink Lemonade Filling:
1 1/2 granulated sugar
2/3 cups all purpose flour
4 large eggs
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
4 Tbsp raspberry Coulis (Bits and Uncle Bobs, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cswGgEf2QYk&t=4s)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment, making sure the parchment overlaps the edge. This will help remove your bars when they are ready.
3. For your shortbread crust; add AP flour, rice flour, icing sugar, salt and butter into plastic bag, seal the bag and shake, kneading all the ingredients comes together in a dough ball.
4. Transfer your dough to the prepared pan and using your hands spread dough out in an even layer, about a 1/4 of an inch thick.
5. Now it’s time to dock the dough! Take a fork and lightly prick holes all over.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees.
7. For your pink lemonade filling: In a medium sized bowl add sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and raspberry Coulis in stages while whisking. Whisk until your filling is lump free.
8. Allow shortbread base to cool for 10 minutes before pouring your filling on top.
9. Turn up oven to 350 degrees.
10. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the pan no longer wiggles when it’s giggled.