Ooey Gooey S’more Cake
Nothing says summer better than a S’more! So we’ve made an even bigger version that you can share with all of your friends and family! This S’more cake takes 24 hours to set up in the fridge, so plan ahead!
Stuff you’ll need:
Electric mixer / stand mixer
Measuring cups and spoons
Stainless steel bowls
1 box of graham crackers
6 egg whites
1 1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
Chocolate fudge sauce (checkout Bits and Uncle Bobs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cswGgEf2QYk
1. Start by filling a heavy pot 1/4 of the way full with water and bring to a simmer.
2. Line loaf pan with parchment paper; making sure that it hangs over all sides of the pan (this will help remove the cake after its set in the fridge).
3. Add egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar to a stainless steel bowl and place on top of the simmering pot of water. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved, around 4 minutes.
4. Once sugar has dissolved pour into the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form, roughly 7 mins.
5. Stir in vanilla and whisk for another 30 seconds.
6. Set aside one cup of meringue and refrigerate (we’ll use this later to decorate).
7. To assemble the cake, start with a layer of graham crackers, then add meringue, followed by chocolate fudge and continue until you reach the top of the loaf pan.
8. Cover cake with plastic wrap and set in fridge for 24hrs.
9. Rewhip the reserved meringue until light and fluffy.
10. Cover the top of the cake with reserved meringue.
11. Using the flat side of the spatula, gently pat the cake in the cake and pull up. (This will create little peaks all over the top of your cake).
11. Using a kitchen torch, lightly torch the tips of the meringue.
12. Break out the campfire songs and enjoy!