Nuts and Bolts
Enjoy making a big batch of our holiday Nuts and Bolts! This is the perfect gift for anyone on your list who loves salty savoury goodness!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Measuring cups and spoons
Heavy roasting pan
3 cups of cereal (we recommend Shreddies, Chex, Cheerios)
1 cup of cheese nibs
1/2 cup of salted pretzels
1 cup of peanuts
3 Tbsp of salted butter
3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, paprika
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a large heavy roasting pan, add your favourite crunchy cereal blend, cheese nips, salted pretzels and peanuts.
3. In a heavy pot add butter and melt on medium to high heat. Once butter is melted add spices and Worcestershire sauce and stir until blended.
4. Pour mixture into roasting pan and mix until nuts and bolts are completely covered.
5. Baking for 1 hour at 250 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Allow Nuts and Bolts to completely cool from the oven before wrappin’ and snackin’. Yum!