Fa la la fun! This chocolatey treat is the perfect gift for anyone!! Have fun personalizing your bark with your favourite toppings Hint: Everything goes with chocolate!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Parchment paper or silicone mat
Measuring cups and spoons
Microwave or Double boiler (stainless steel bowl, heavy pot, stove)
Dark melting chocolate
White melting chocolate + 1 tsp vegetable oil
Desired Toppings (sprinkles, nuts, candy canes)
1. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. Melt your chocolate in separate bowls. If you’re using a microwave, add chocolate to a microwave save bowl and heat on medium for 30 second intervals stirring in-between. OR.. To create a double boiler you’ll need a heavy pot filled 1/4 with water. Bring the water to a boil. Add a stainless steel bowl filled with chocolate on top of pot and carefully stir with rubber spatula until melted.
3. To melt white chocolate add one tsp of vegetable oil. When chips are almost melted, pull your bowl off of the heat and stir to melt the rest.
4. It’s time to build the holiday bark! Scoop a large dollop of dark chocolate onto your baking sheet followed by a dollop of white chocolate and repeat. Make sure the chocolates are touching! Take your spatula and swirl through the chocolates, blending them together in a marbled pattern.
5. Sprinkle desired toppings, pecans, candy canes, holiday sprinkles, get creative!
6. Set baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
7. Once your bark is out of the freezer break into pieces, package with a bow OR EAT:)