Blood Red Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Bones
You’ll love sipping this chocolatey and spooky concoction after a night of treat or treating!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Measuring cups and spoons
Scissors and rounded cookie cutter for marshmallow bones
1. Using the rounded edge of a cookie cutter cut off each side your giant marshmallow.
2. Using kitchen scissors, carefully snip a small cut in the top and bottom of marshmallow!
Blood Hot Chocolate:
3/4 cup of white sugar
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup of water
2 1/2 cup of whole milk
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp red food colouring
In a heavy pot, add sugar, cocoa powder, salt and water. Whisk until it makes a sooth paste.
Bring your pot to the stove and warm cocoa mixture on medium heat.
3. Add your milk.
4. Once your hot chocolate starts to simmer, add your cream, vanilla and red food colouring.
5. Stir and bring your hot chocolate back to a simmer.
6. Pour your blood red hot chocolate into spooky mugs and top with marshmallow bones and enjoy! Have a safe and happy Halloween!